The meeting will take place at Centre de recherche Inria Rhône-Alpes, Antenne Inria GIANT
Minatec Campus, Grenoble* (click here to see how to access) , the 19th and 20th of June 2018. The meeting aims to review the challenges and open issues related to service placement problem (models, resolution strategies, programming platforms...) in Fog/Edge Environment.
Coordinator : Farah AIT SALAHT (INRIA), Adrien LEBRE (IMT Atlantique / Inria / LS2N), Frédéric DESPREZ (INRIA senior researcher)
Keywords: Fog/Edge Computing, Internet of Things, Service Placement, Optimization, Programming tools and plateforms
Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- 13h45 - 14h00 : Welcome & goals
- 14h00 - 14h30 : "Service Placement Problem in Fog/Edge Computing" - Farah AIT SALAHT (INRIA)
- 14h30 - 15h00 : "Combining Heuristics for Optimizing and Scaling the Placement of IoT Applications in the Fog" - Ye XIA (ORANGE Labs)
- 15h00 - 15h30 : "FogIoT Orchestrator: an Orchestration System for IoT Applications in Fog Environment" - Bruno DONASSOLO (Orange / LIG)
- 15h30 - 16h00 : "Hybrid Edge-Cloud, technologies that matter and scheduling challenges" - David GLESSER (Ryax Technologies)
- 16h00 - 16h15 - Coffee break
- 16h15 - 16h45 : "iFogStor: an IoT data placement strategy for Fog infrastructures" - Mohammed Islam NAAS (Orange Labs)
- 16h45 - 17h15 : "Toward the convergence of models of distributed platforms" - Denis TRYSTRAM (ENSIMAG)
- 17h15 - 17h45 : "Introduction to Constraint Programming" - Charles PRUD'HOMME (LS2N
/ IMT Atlantique)
- 17h45 - 18h15 : "A resource Allocation Framework for Network Slicing" - Georgios S. PASCHOS (Huawei Technologies)
- 18h15 - 18h45 : "Adaptive relocation and computation offloading in edge comptuing" - Stefano SECCI (Lip6, Sorbonne University)
- 20h00 - Dinner (Address and access)
Wednesday June 20h, 2018
- 09h00 - 09h30 : "Towards fog-aware Kubernetes" - Guillaume PIERRE (IRISA / University of Rennes 1)
- 09h30 - 12h45 - Brainstorming sessions
- 09h30 - 10h15 : "Where do we have placement challenges?"
- 10h15 - 10h30 : Coffee break
- 10h30 - 11h15 : "What are the main/common challenges? "
- 11h15 - 12h00 : "How defining applications requirements? Infrastructures characteristics? "
- 12h00 - 12h45 : "How can we evaluate/compare the different proposals? (simulation/emulation/in vivo)?"
- 12h45 : End of the meeting